Firestick & Fire TV Users Buffering fix with Ethernet Adaptor
Nothing is more frustrating, than Buffering.. Now whilst the Insomniacs Wizard, has the Buffer Prevention feature. And regularly (We advise weekly) turning your Router/Modem off. for a minute or two certainly helps, for Firestick Users, having only the Wi-Fi option, certaily limits your internet speed.
The horrors of buffering. Whether your slowdowns are due to an out-of-date router or a family member who can’t stop downloading torrents, or the general limitation that the Firestick only allows you to use the wireless option. There is now a solution to this, and Users can now use the Ugreen Ethernet Adaptor. Whether you have a Fire TV Stick, All-new Fire TV, or a Chromecast, this simple adapter lets you connect your streaming media device of choice directly to a wired Ethernet connection. So long, buffering! .. And for under $16 or £14 it’s an absolute bargain!… I am speaking from personal experience. And i have purchased both the Amazon Ethernet Adaptor, and the UGreen Ethernet Adaptor, and i do prefer the UGreen Ethernet Adaptor. Though there isn’t any noticable difference. Both run amazingly on my set up, with the Amazon Firestick 2nd Gen. With the Insomniacs Passion Led Us Here Build.
If you would like to Purchase the Amazon Ethernet Cable, there is a link at the bottom of the page.
Running a Speedtest on my Firestick device showed the following:
To purchase the Firestick Ethernet Adaptor, or to read reviews, or look at the items in more details, then please click the link provided below:
I can speak from personal experience. In our household, we use 2/3 Amazon Firesticks. And the difference in speed, since adding the Ugreen Ethernet Adaptor is unbelievable.
Speedtest on Firestick without the Ethernet Adaptor: Download Speed: 48mbps |
With Etheret Adaptor: Download Speed: 88mbps
This is a huge difference when streaming Movies, or Live TV. I have always been a huge fan of the Firesticks. Now having the option to use the Ethernet cable, has answered a lot of my issues, as the only issue i had previously with Firesticks was the buffering. And this seems to have sorted it.
Here is everything you need to know from the product page:
Micro USB Port: 480 Mbps;
RJ 45 Ethernet Port: 10/100 Mbps
USB Port: Power supply only, no data transfer;
Power Supply: 5V/1A ~ 5V/2A
Cable length: 1 meter (for both Micro USB cable and USB Power cable)
- This adapter is designed for Chromecast 1st Generation and Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast 2nd, 2017 Fire TV stick, both of which support Ethernet via the Micro USB port;
- Please be sure that the other end of your Ethernet cable is connected to a functioning router that has internet connectivity.
- This adapter is NOT COMPATIBLE with Now TV Stick.
In The Box:
UGREEN Ethernet Adapter for Chromecast with Micro USB to RJ 45 Ethernet Adapter *1
- The 10/100Mbps network adapter is compatible with Firesticks, Fire TV devices, Google Chromecast 1. Generation and Google Chromecast Ultra for TV, allow you to stream your favourite entertainment from your smartphone directly to your TV.
- Ugreen network adaptor for is very easy to use. You do not need a driver to install it, it is “plug and play”.
- Ugreen Ethernet adaptor is specially designed for Chromecast, it allows a TV to connect with RJ45 through Chromecast and provides a smooth media streaming.
- RJ45 Lan adaptor gives you more stable and faster Internet speed than WiFi. The Ethernet port fully supports 10/100Mbps and the Micro USB 2.0 interface supports 480Mbps, providing fast and reliable Internet access.
- Chromecast Ethernet adaptor with two USB cables provides connectivity for Ethernet network and power. With 1 metre long micro cable and 1 metre long USB power cable, it is easy to connect to your TV and power source.
To purchase or check out the UGreen Firestick/Fire TV Ethernet adaptor, please click the following links:
Other alternative & Accesories for the Firestick & Fire TV Devices:
UK Users: US Users: